Who are we?
As our website uses “cookies”, we would like to inform you about the different types of cookies we use, which cookies our service providers use and how you can manage and block cookies.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of our Data Protection Officer
- By postal mail: Leopoldlaan(Oph), 5, 9500, Geraardsbergen
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer, laptop or mobile device when you visit a website or a certain page of that specific website. The cookie enables that website to “remember” your actions and preferences over time and to apply them during subsequent visits. An example of such a preference is your preferred language.
Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which the cookie came, how long the cookie will remain on your device (the expiration date) and a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
A distinction is made between strictly necessary cookies and other cookies.
The strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website, for example for the security or our website and its accessibility. Under applicable law, we are not obliged to ask for your consent for the use of such cookies.
A further distinction based on category can be made based on the specific purpose of the cookie. We will ask for your consent for each of these categories (unless strictly necessary).
Cookies can be divided into the following categories:
- Permanent cookies and session cookies: the function of a permanent cookie is to recognize the web browser for repeated visits to the website, while the function of the session cookies is to recognize the web browser during the visit to the website. Permanent cookies are saved on your mobile device, whereas session cookies are deleted at the end of every session.
- First party cookies and third-party cookies: first party cookies are placed by the website itself. Third-party cookies are placed by other websites than our own. This happens when our website contains elements of other websites, such as social media plugins or advertisements that are placed on our website.
- Performance cookies and functional cookies: performance cookies keep an eye out for how a visitor uses the website. This allows the website operator to adapt and optimize the content and usability of the website (for example: how many people have visited different pages of the website and which language is most popular among our visitors). Functional cookies are cookies that remember your preferences when you use the website, for example the language you chose, they make the website more user friendly and optimize your user experience of the website.
Which cookies do we use?
|CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN||GoForest||Ensures browsing security by preventing forgery of cross-site requests. This cookie is essential for the website and visitor security.||Session|
|CraftSessionId||GoForest||Set a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain information about visitor behavior for statistical purposes.||Session|
|cookie-consent||GoForest||Saves the user’s cookie status for the current domain.||1 year|
|critical-css||GoForest||Saves the CSS status of the user for the current domain.||1 week|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle the requested speed.||1 day|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||1 day|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the device and the behavior of the visitor. Tracks the visitor across different devices and marketing channels.||Session|
Cookies used by our partners
(a) Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/ru...
(b) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/polic...
c) Google+: https://policies.google.com/te...
Managing and blocking cookies
When visiting the website, the visitor is informed which cookies are used by means of a pop up. We ask permission to the visitor to use each of the cookies. You can manage or delete cookies at any moment using the settings of your internet browser, which allows you to refuse some or all cookies, with the exception of the strictly necessary cookies, as these are essential for the visitor to be able to use the website and its functions. Disabling cookies limits the service we can provide and may effect your user experience. Deleting cookies may lead to manual adjustments of preferences at every visit of our website.
For more detailed information about controlling and/or deleting cookies, visit the web page related to your browser:
(a) https://support.google.com/chr... (Chrome);
(b) https://support.apple.com/kb/P... (Safari);
(c) https://support.microsoft.com/... (Internet Explorer);
(d) https://support.mozilla.org/en... (Firefox);
(e) http://www.opera.com/help/tuto... (Opera);
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/... (edge);
g) or visit http://aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.